Monday, July 16, 2012

I Did Not Know...

That I could eat too little.

I mean I knew it's physically possible to starve myself, but I did not know that I was capable of eating so little that my body refused to lose weight. That is what appeared to happen over the last month. I have kept using myfitnesspal.com and have been pretty good about sticking to it. There were a couple days at the end of the school year that I gave myself permission to over my calories for the end of the year party and such. But for the most part I have down well keeping with my calorie count.

I was getting frustrated that my weight was staying at 90 pounds down, and I started to seek advice. I spoke with my friends, Matt and Erin, and they asked about my calorie target. I was still scheduled to lose two pounds a week and my "activity level" was still set at sedentary. My goal was 1920 per day. "Dude, that's low," Matt responded. We discussed that now that it was summer, and I am more active that I need to adjust my activity level and switch from two pounds, to one and a half pounds per week. I made these adjustments and my calorie goal increased to 2660 per day. I was skeptical that this would lead to weight loss, but I dove in head first. I increased my breakfast size, and dinner size and added another snack in the day. It only took four days for my body to start burning calories at a higher rate and I saw results. I have lost another three pounds since the change and I can feel my body getting back on the losing track. Interesting eh?

Oh, and for those of you that are not Facebook friends, I hiked Wallace Falls to the third level last week. It's was a big deal for me as I have not down that in 8 years. This week I am going to attempt Lake Serene on Mt Index. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment