Thursday, September 6, 2012

Long Time No Post

Starting school up this year has been completely different than previous years.  A colleague and I were selected for a training in order to start a program called WEB (Where Everyone Belongs). The program is designed to empower the older students in the school to be positive mentors for incoming 7th graders, and to set the tone for their time here at Leota JH.  The entire first of day school is based on the absence of adults and the WEB Leaders do most of the work with the 7th graders.

Developing a program such as this takes a great deal of time, energy and resources.  My colleague and I gave up 4 days of our Spring Break last year to go to the training, and several more days this summer in order to ensure this program's success.  The last three weeks have been a whirlwind that I have not quite recovered from yet.  I stopped tracking my food for about a week, and I felt myself "stress-eating" a couple of times.  I have felt myself slipping, but I have not fallen.

Once this first week of school is completely done, I will have time to reflect on my summer, settle into school, and fill you in on my plans for the year.  Sorry for the long break in posts (for those of you still checking in...).

No comments:

Post a Comment