Thursday, June 14, 2012

Type A I Am Not

Relay For Life Week is an insane week of last minute meetings, Bank Night, registration reports, money reports, chaperone meetings and student organizing.  The very next week was End of Course Exams for our Alg 1 and Geometry students.  As Dept Head, I had a responsibility to help create the scheduling for those days, prepare over 230 graphing calculators for testing, pass along information to parents, students and teachers, and do my best to prepare my students to pass this ridiculous test.  Oh, I am one of two coordinators for a new orientation/mentor program for incoming students at our school.  Brand new program, starting this year.  All of these were in the same 10 day span!

Luckily I had help!  My Relay Committee is awesome!  Two math teachers helped me with the calcs.  The other coordinator for the new program is Type A, so she keeps me under control, and we work well together.  Couldn't have survived with these amazing people!

I still want to keep teaching my students.  There is still more I want them to know. But I need a break.

I am working on a weight-loss reflection.  It will chronicle some of my internal feelings about the past 6 months. Where I was, where I think I am going and what changes have I gone through physically and emotionally.  This will be a big piece of writing, so it is taking me longer, and I want to make sure I am clear.  I will send the big out one with an email reminder.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment