Friday, May 11, 2012

May Madness

10 days since my last post.  I did not realize it had been so long.  Numerous new adventures are in full motion right now, and I recognized my lack of writing only after being prompted by a few people who were missing their afternoon distraction from work, that is my blog.

I mentioned in an earlier post about a training I attended at Skamania Lodge over Spring Break.  That training, the best I have ever been to, was for a program that I am helping kick start at my school called WEB (Where Everyone Belongs).  We train student leaders who will run the 7th grade orientation for new students, and teach them how to be great junior high students.  It is a program that continues throughout the school year with check-ins with new students and fun activities to keep them involved in the school.  It will be amazing, but starting the program is a great deal of work.

Relay For Life fundraisers are constantly happening throughout the month of May and as the event chair, I have a hand in most of them.  I was a judge in a Battle of the Bands, my committee and I organized a Garage Sale for 20 teams, I help promote jewelry sales, bake sales, Jamba Juice sales, auctions, sweatshirt sales, raffles and candle parties.  Each fundraiser usually comes with a planning meeting with me, supplies needed from me, and a post event meeting with me.

Then I have my own fundraisers that I am running.  I had a "booth" at last week's garage sale, which was great!  Thank you to my Mom, the VanGerpens, Ric and Cathy and the Baer family for their donations to my sales. Special thanks to Rich VanGerpen for lending me his truck and trailer for the day, and for prepping them, loading them and cleaning them up once I returned them to you in a less than perfect state. :)

This Saturday (5/12) I have Wine vs Cancer from 2-4pm at Baer Winery in Woodinville.  This is the 3rd time I have held this fundraiser and it gets better every year!  More wineries have donated this year than ever before, and more people have RSVP'd than ever before.  I can't express how much great wine we have this year.  The price of a tasting at a winery is $5, and if you come to this event, you get to taste up to 20 of Washington's Best Wines for $25!  Special thanks to Baer for hosting again, Chris and Kristin for being our food and wine experts, Adam Eaton for generously donating from his own wine cellar and a round of golf at Sahalee Country Club for 3!  Please come by, all are welcome.

Throughout all of these new adventures, I am finding the time to eat healthy.  I am dedicated to using myfitnesspal everyday and making sure I am meeting my nutritional goals.  I have not weighed in since May 1st, and I won't until May 25th.  I don't think I will hit my last goal of 90 pounds lost, but I am not stopping after May 25th either.  I may not stop until I reach 125 pounds lost...stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment