Sunday, April 15, 2012

Finish Strong

Stepping on the scale this morning, I felt like I had made some good changes in my eating schedule and added steps to my day.  I am feeling a little spring in my step and a desire to try some activities that have been lost to me for quite sometime.  I even considered jogging for the first time in years. 

Luckily, or unluckily(time will decide), someone was already at the track at the high school.  Since this will be my first time jogging in years, and I am sure my muscle-memory for that activity is no longer in place and I am sure I will look like a fool; I chose to wait.  But why do you need a high school track to jog Big Guy?  This might be my own mental block, but I feel like my body reacts better with a rubber track under my feet, than with concrete when this much weight is coming down on them repeatedly.  It's coming soon, but no will appear video to prove it.

I have lost 7 pounds since my last weigh-in, and am down a total of 70 with about 40 days left.  I need to stay focused and make sure that after this "Final Official Weigh-in", I continue with this life-change.  My "Finish Strong" is to finish the rest of my life strong.  Not just these next 40 days.  I have developed good habits. I now think about food in terms of nutrients vs calories.  I have increased my activity and become a healthier me.  Finish Strong, for life!

I am down in Skamania for a student orientation training that another teacher and I will be leading next year.  Not the ideal spring break to be working, but I know it will be fun.  Problem is, every meal is buffet.  Dinner was lots of pasta dishes and steak dishes.  I had two helpings of garden salad.  I hope the options get better over the next 3 days!

2 comments:

  1. Just say "no" to the buffet! Who knows how many people have been breathing on and picking through that food! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buffet is the only option. But they have lots of fruits and veggies. Plus the workout room is awesome!

      Delete