Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm Feeling It

Reiterating what I have said in previous posts, I know my body pretty well.  I could tell my body hit a wall at the end of last month, and the night before my weigh-in I was talking with a friend on the phone and predicted a 2-3 pound weight-loss for those two weeks.  The next day was a 3 pound loss.  About a month earlier I was predicting a big number and that weigh-in was an 8 pound loss.

Tomorrow's weigh-in is a turning point for me I think.  I am bouncing off the wall that I hit at my last weigh-in.  I made some changes to my eating schedule.  Most importantly, I am trying to eat more at breakfast & lunch, and then less at dinner.  I am also trying to add more steps in my day.  You know that little thing that you have heard so many times in your life.  Add more steps and you'll be healthier.  Well I am finally putting that into action.  I am taking 15-20 minutes during my prep period at school to walk around campus, and after school I will either walk around the campus again, or take a walk in my neighborhood when I get home.  I am not as consistent as I want to be, but making the conscious effort is helping.

My body is starting to feel more like an athlete again.  My life before this weight-loss was a life of used-to-be.  I used to be a football player.  I used to be able to hike Mt. Si.  I used to be able to run a 5k.  I used to be able to put on my shoes without grunting. I used to be able to do a lot of things.  Those activities are coming back to my life, and life is good!

I am not going to predict another 8 pound loss, but I think a 6-7 pound loss will not be out of the realm of possibilities.  I won't be able to blog tomorrow as I will be driving down to Skamania Lodge for a student related training.  Not the way I was hoping to spend my Spring Break, but I volunteered for it because this will be good for kids.  So look for my post about my latest weigh-in on Monday.

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment