Sunday, January 22, 2012

JoePa

JoePa did not deserve the way he has been treated in the media. I remember being asked when I was a junior in high school, "If you were a blue chip recruit, where you would want to play in college?" Of course I grew up a Husky, but even across the country, I knew JoePa was special and I would have wanted to play for him.

His philosophy of making his players better men is shared at Linfield and ultimately why I chose to go there. On my recruiting trip they showed me several articles where they were referred to as the Penn State of small college football. What a huge compliment!

JoePa reported what he knew to those that investigate campus crimes. He did what he thought was right, just like he always did. None us know what we would have done in that situation, because we have not been there.

JoePa changed so many lives for the better. That's what he will be remembered for by those who matter.

Rest In Peace JoePa

1 comment:

  1. He did do many great things as a coach... but it for is what he failed to do as a human being, for these children who so desperately needed his help, that he will be remembered. Every adult who had any knowledge of these tragedies should not have rested until they knew for absolute certain that the children were safe. What he did not do speaks far more about who he was as a person than what he ever accomplished as a coach.

    ReplyDelete