Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sledding, Tobogganing, Bobsledding, Luge


How do you quantify the exercise you get when you spend the morning pulling kids up a sledding hill after they wipe out and get a fat-lip? (Zoom in on the picture. Seamus had some awesome wipe outs!)

Myfitnesspal can put numbers on it apparently. I have not been adding my exercise calories burned into the system because you are allowed to eat those calories back and still be on pace to lose 2 pounds a week. I want my exercise to be extra weight loss, so I don't want to eat those calories back. But I was curious about what they calculate sledding to be in terms of calories burned.

I typed in sledding and "Sledding, Tobogganing, Bobsledding, Luge" came up as the title of an exercise in the system. Then you must enter how many minutes you were performing this exercise. How do you quantify that? We were on the slopes for 2 and a half hours, but I was not active the entire time. Do they know that?

At first I tried 150 minutes, but when 2857 calories burned popped up, I knew that was not right. So I tried 60 minutes, 1143 calories. Still no. If the 36 minutes of P90 is only 700 calories, then I don't think I burned over a thousand. I figured with the time spent encouraging Seamus to go down the big hill, consoling him after his massive wipe outs, and holding his sister Finnegan while their Mom took a trip or two down the mountain, I probably only spent 25 minutes pulling Seamus around on the sled for a total of 476 calories burned.

Whatever, I still stayed under my calorie count without adding that into myfitnesspal.

Like my Purple Camo Pants?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your purple Camo pants!
    Also your chosen cardio - looks pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a post about you using luge as your main source of exercise one day.

    ReplyDelete