Monday, January 2, 2012

Making a Difference With Each Pound

Should I go for a walk today? Should I avoid the snacks in the copy room? Should I plan out my food for the day, or week?

The answer to all of these is YES!

Yes because these choices are making a difference. They are changing lives. Not only my life, but countless others. I know that most, if not all of you, signed on to pledge my weight loss because you want me to be healthy. You wanted to help push me, motivate me, and see me through a life change that will make me a better family member, friend, person. I love you for that, but also because you are changing the lives of many others.

The dollars that you pledged are going to a great cause. The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life are on a mission. A mission to find a cure for cancer, and to make the lives of people battling cancer better. Patient support is sometimes overlooked, but not at ACS. They want cancer patients to know that they are fighting to find a cure, but also have not forgotten about those going through Chemo and Radiation treatments right now.

Your donations will help ACS with programs such as Hope Lodge. When cancer patients have to travel for treatment, the ACS helps with that burden by finding and paying for their lodging. Another program is Road to Recovery. Some patients cannot drive themselves to treatment because of fatigue, or the drugs they are taking, so ACS arranges rides. Look Good...Feel Good is a program designed to teach women how to cope with skin changes and hair loss due to treatment with cosmetics and wigs. The ACS also has scholarships for patients who have battled cancer, and whose medical bills may hinder paying for school.

To read more about these programs visit this page:
http://www.relayforlife.org/learn/WhyWeFundraise/index?cons_id=9921451

To read about where the money goes visit this page:
http://www.cancer.org/AboutUs/WhoWeAre/FinancialInformation/financial-information-landing?ssSourceSiteId=RelayForLife

And if you would like to volunteer your time to help with the Northshore Relay For Life, or another Relay in your area, please let me know.

Together we are changing lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment