Sunday, January 29, 2012

Social Support

Excerpt from a previously mentioned book lent to me by a good friend.

"Include family and friends in your plan...not with the purpose of recruiting them to this way of eating, but so they will help you and understand why you are eating this way. If they are truly your friends, they will support you in your desire to improve your health...Maybe they will even join you...on your road back to superior health."

The book emphasizes having at least one friend involved with your plan. I am lucky to have so many people involved in my plan. I feel like I have an army of people helping me fight my food addiction and poor exercise habits. Each of you that have sponsored this process, offered to help me exercise, offered cooking lessons, encouraged me in person, sent inspiring emails, texts and phone calls have empowered me to be confident.

That is the difference this time. In the past, I have hoped to lose weight. I have longed to be healthy. I have dreamed of feeling food about my choices. Now, with all of your support, I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment