Tuesday, December 13, 2011

College Acceptance Letter

I remember when I was applying to colleges, and the wait time that lingered after the deadline passed. Did I get in? Did I have enough extra-curricular activities? Was my GPA high enough? Were my SAT scores too low? Will being a student athlete help me with the admission board?

I waited to hear from schools like University of Washington, Linfield, Pamona-Pitzer and Whitworth. I felt scared, but confident that my accolades would speak for themselves. I felt eager to know, but apprehensive to find out. I looked in the mailbox daily hoping to find the letter, but relieved not to find it.

I am having similar feelings as I approach my first weigh-in. Confident, but scared. Eager, but apprehensive.

Thursday morning is going to speak for itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment