Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home, Boston Sweet Boston



The fires of Las Vegas are extinguished and I have conquered that town! Well, not conquered. I mean they did take a lot of money off of me, but I remained under my calorie goal each day. And that was not including all of the walking I did, which would have given me some calories back...so pretty good I hope!

Day 1 back in the grind of school has been tough. I did not have time to go shopping before I left, or last night when I got home. I was able to make due for breakfast and lunch, but I have to hit the grocery store tonight.

I am gonna ask for some positive thoughts and vibes tonight. Please don't text or call, as that will be a little overwhelming. I have to take my dog Boston in to be put down today at 5:15. He has a slipped disc, and has been on steroids for 5 weeks. He appeared better for the first couple weeks, but as he was weened off the steroids, he has gotten worse and worse. He is in so much pain, and has been for a couple months. Surgery is not an option and I don't want to see him suffer any more.

Boston is 7 years old and he has been my side for the last 3 years. He is one of my hiking buddies, my watch dog and my companion. He is too smart for fetch. He just looks at me like, "You go get the ball if you want it!" He knows not to beg, not to jump on people and to be nice to my Mom's little dogs even when they drive him nutts. He was going to be my walking pal as I begin my exercise plan, and now, my home will not feel the same without him.

Home is just not going to be as sweet without Boston by my side.

2 comments:

  1. Ry,
    I know what a great buddy Boston was and you did have 3 great years together. Very sorry for your loss. You will grieve but I know you will not allow this to derail you. I am not black with 4 legs, but I am a great hiking companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your friend, Ryan. I had to put our old kitty down a couple months ago and it was one of the toughest things I've ever done. Still praying for you, amigo.

    ReplyDelete