Thursday, December 1, 2011

Here we go!

Day 1: I weighed in and good news, I am still under 4 digits! (That means under 1000 lbs for you non-math types)

As I shared in my original email, I am not going to share my actual weight, but I do have people checking to make sure I am not being deceptive. I bought a new scale yesterday for the occasion. It is pretty fancy compared to what I am used to, but I was used to the spinning wheel scale that looked like the Tea-Cups at the fair when I stepped on it. It was old, like a rotary phone. Kids today would not know how to use it. But this new one is cool! I can input my height, age and activity level, then when I weigh-in, it tells me how many calories I can eat to maintain my current weight.

This morning it said that I could eat 3940 calories a day to maintain my weight. Thanks for the advice Scale, but I think I will dial that back a notch or two.

At the recommendation of several people on my distribution list, I am using MyFitnessPal.com. Again, I can input my height, age, activity level and weight and then it tells me how many calories to eat in order to lose 2 pounds a week. 2470 calories a day. Listen closely, if you really listen right now, you can hear MyFitnessPal is laughing at my scale.

I am excited, nervous and eager for this new chapter in my life. Thank you for being part of it.

Here's to the Tea-Cups and only 3 digits!

No comments:

Post a Comment