Saturday, December 3, 2011

Vegas and the Missing Bun

My first day limiting myself to 2470 calories was easy. I measure my oatmeal, my brown sugar and almonds for breakfast. A friend and co-worker hooked me up with a healthy lunch made up of turkey on whole wheat, string cheese and a whole tomato. Dinner was a salad at a cafe in the Luxor in Vegas. According to myfitnesspal.com, I was 104 calories under my goal in take.

Day 2 was a bit different in Vegas. I slept in til noon (thank you Poker Room for keeping me up til 3). Then did not get down stairs til after 1. I decided to combine my breakfast and lunch calories by having a 'normal' sized meal. Veggie omelette with hash browns and whole wheat toast equals 1200 calories. Almost half my day's take. My snack was a 32 ounce Bud Light. Hey, it's Vegas! Then dinner was out with some marathoners and my bro. I ordered the low-carb burger(no bun), which comes with small salad, cole slaw, grilled portobello mushrooms and peppers. At the end of the day I was 238 calories over my goal, but I did walk several miles. You pretty much have to here to do anything.

Overall, I am pleased with my food, exercise and goals. Let's keep this train rolling.

3 comments:

  1. Just lose all yr money so you can't buy food. That's what i would do in Vegas with my card skills. Keep doing it my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently google blogger didn't want to identify me so that was from me...
    - Ferg

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the spirit of things, I put Boston on Luna's weight control old lady dog food. He is farting up a storm. Hi from home!

    ReplyDelete