Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Cards and My Sincere Appreciation!

This time of year the United States Postal Service gets a boost from the Christmas and Holiday Cards that people send to friends and family. I know I appreciate getting them. I love to see my friend's families gathered together for a portrait to send, but the kids are usually poking each other, or looking at the cat across the room and not paying attention to the person taking the photo. Eventually the mom or dad gives up and says, "That one is good enough, use it!" It's the effort I love.

Then there are the people that take the time to write a family letter updating each family member's year, and giving its readers a glimpse into the ups and downs of the past 12 months. I love reading these. I feel like I am reading a novel about people I know and am already invested in. True, I usually know most of what is written in these letters, but who hasn't read a book more than once.

Then there is me. I have never written a family letter. I have never sent a Christmas card with my picture on it. If I love receiving them so much, then why not take part in delivering them as well? I don't have an answer to that, but I do know that I have a lot of people in my life that I am thankful for, and appreciate. Hopefully, I have told each you how much I appreciate you, and how you have made me a better person. Hopefully, you saw it my eyes that I was sincere.

I have almost 200 people on my email list when I send out updates, and I know it gets forwarded on to others(I know because I have 56 views from Russia. Whoever is reading in Russia, send me a message so I know who it is...). Each time I send out an update I get 50 or so replies, so if I don't email you back, it's because I have to work, eat and sleep. :) But I want all of you to know, that I wish you the Happiest of Holidays, the Merriest of Christmases and Healthiest of Habits!

4 comments:

  1. i have never read a book more than once...

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are kinda writing a year long holiday letter here. How are you feeling physically, though? Sore? Stronger? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, I have a collection of cards you have given to Rich & I. Every one is a treasure because you share your love & appreciation.
    I agree this blog is a book you are writing that we get to peek at along the way. I look forward to each posting. You write very well with some tenderness and of course, your wit.
    .... And I hope you enjoy the VanGerpen photo card No Christmas letter this year.

    ReplyDelete