Monday, December 19, 2011

Holidays with 64

Have you seen the commercials for MGD 64? One person orders MGD 64 and the person next to them wants their drink to be only 64 calories, so the server hands them a new drink in a tiny, misshaped glass. I would have never tried a 64 before I started this journey, and when it is all over, I probably never will again. For now, it will have to do.

Holidays mean social events, and social events usually involve, for me anyway, adult beverages. I would consider myself somewhat knowledgable about various drinks. I could speak with some confidence about Scotch, Vodka, Washington Wines and Beer. I have taken a Whiskey class, and have spoken extensively with the owner of a local Vodka maker. I live in a Wine Maker's home, and organized a couple wine events. I have brewed 20 + beers on my own, or with a friend, and understand the workings of that art.

The calories are a killer.

Scotch: 3 oz with a splash of water = 210 calories
Vodka: 1.5 oz with mixer = 220 calories
Wine: 4 oz of Red Wine = 125 calories
Beer: 12 oz of "Good Beer" = 170 to 280 calories

This is one serving!

It's not water. It's not what I am used to, but it has 64 good reasons to make it what I reach for this Holiday Season!

1 comment:

  1. We still have some left over for the next time you come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete